Quotable InBox - Julian Marley, K'Naan, Niles, Prezzure, ZEPS the Adobo King


JR from NYC hit us with the latest on reggae artist, Julian Marley.

“Julian is looking forward to the release of his [latest] album Awake on May 26th and playing select dates on the Blazed & Confused tour with Snoop Dogg, Slightly
Stoopid and brother Stephen. Check out the new single “Boom Draw” here:


Boom Draw - Julian Marley

Ill rhyme slinger, Niles, dropped another teaser from his upcoming mixtape, When The Clock Strikes XXII… Consistency is the path to greatness. Homeboy comes with it each every time. No doubt.


Niles-Who the hell are you-.mp3 -




Niles has a lot going on right now:

“I am in the final chapters of recording my mixtape (I'd rather call it a project) "When the Clock Strikes XXII...". I am very excited about it for it is my 1st release of an opus. I put so much passion, conviction and soul light into it. I truely feel you'll embrace it like I embraced it while making it. I talk about it in this fresh new "Artist of the Week" interview I did with Adam B, check it out. In the meantime, I have a showcase with Uhuru's "African Liberation Day" event on May 19th at La Pragunta in Harlem. Plus, I have a big showcase on June 14th at the notorious EOW (I will update you on that later in the month on the rapathon and the EOW showcase), and I will be one of the veterans in the "26 Hour Harlem Rapathon" on May 30th at the Hip Hop Culture Center. Definitely make room on your calendar for these events. I will be performing new and exclusive material from my debut album "To Remain..." which is a quarter done as well. Also, me, Queen Kash, Purple Haze, and D-Nasty are on a song called "The One" that a video is being shot for later this month, the video will be directed by Ralph McDaniels and debuted on Video Music Box. Plus, I have to leave you with a track off of the mixtape (project, ha) called "Who the hell are You?". Even though it isn't mixed or mastered yet, it's a master of mixtures.”

Adam B interview link: http://adamsworldblog.com (leave a comment if you like)

Tuesday, May 19th show information:
Where: La Pregunta; 1528 Amsterdam (Harlem)
Cost: $5 with rbg, $7 without
When: 8pm (be there on time if you can)

DV from BK had this to say about Somalian Emcee, K’naan:

“And yeah - k'naan brings this perspective i so WANT to be thought about in hip hop - like in "whats hardcore" -"if i rhyme about home and get descriptive, i'll make 50 cent look like limp bizkit...its hard, harder than harlem and compton combined" - like lets have a reality check about the third world, here, people. im from effing somalia, refugees dying in boats, kids can't wait to meet god, and you're hardcore cuz you sling bags in the hood? i spent a month in africa in january, and it was some shit, dude.”

Word up.



Woodside lyricist, Prezzure released the second single, from his upcoming album Can You Feel It, dropping June 25th. Aptly entitled “Go In” this track features Niles as both emcees...well…go in!


Go In - PreZZure Feat. Niles

Emcee-slash-comedian, ZEPS aka The Adobo King kicked us a couple of solid tracks: the nostalgic, "I Love New York" and the hilarious "Don't Fuck With Crazy Chicks." Check ZEPS at http://www.myspace.com/zeps and www.Logrithmic.com.


Dont Fuck With Crazy Chicks.mp3 -


I Love New York - ZEPS



Carry on...

No comments: