The Quotable Is Here...


I told you I would show up, screamin out [Quotables] 'til the world blow up!!

Thats right muttaskuttas; The Quotables' gone blog! I don't know whether I've caught up or sold out, but either way now I can check up on yall checkin up on me for the daily (quotables, rants, reviews, news, blues...) whatever.

So lets get right into it, ya'mean?

In a recent interview (posted on pr-inside.com), Andre 3000 (of OutKast fame) recently had this to say on the topic of gun possession:

"Of course I carry a gun. I don't advertise the fact, but I need to have a gun with me at all times. I don't see what's wrong with that."

He then went on to add...

"To me it makes sense. I don't like to have bodyguards with me. I don't have them in my house, so I've got to have something to protect myself with. If I am with my son, I am even more concerned to protect myself and protect him with a gun. I would want my son to have a gun when he gets older. It's just something you've got to have if you want to live and be safe."


Now thats G right there; colorful clothes and all! And most noticeably, he doesnt glorify the fact that he's strapped in his music. Gotta respect and appreciate that.

With that being said...I can't help but wonder how long it will be before we hear that Mr. Hey Ya's been arrested on gun possession charges? I mean, he is a rapper...definitely one of the most ingenius and creative rappers ever to hold the mic...but still a rapper nonetheless. And its no secret that rappers and headlines with the words "arrested on gun charges" are a little too "fond of one another" (this week's example - Jadakiss....again!).

So for real, how long will it be before some midlevel patrolman (pissed off about life and the way things are goin) pulls Andre over for a "broken tail light" or whatever (tryna catch him ridin dirty), searches the vehicle, finds the gun and arrests him on possession charges?? A week? A month? 6 months? Whats the over / under on that? (Thanks SG!) My money's on mid- December...Po Po love to fcuk wit your holiday...

Anyhow, I hope it doesn't happen. Andre 3000 is too aware to ride around with a loaded, unregistered firearm (while stating on record that he's packin!) so if he is pulled over its unlikely that he would be arrested (for possesion charges). Either way... just something to think about...

Carry on...

No comments: