Update: Ignant on 60 Minutes - Cam'ron Apologizes

It was bound to happen...

Cam'ron issues an apology for his ignant appearance on 60 Minutes last Sunday. (Courtesy of SOHH.com)

"In 2005, I was a victim of a violent crime. I was shot multiple times without provocation by two armed men who attempted to carjack my vehicle. Although I was a crime victim, I didn't feel like I could cooperate with the police investigation. Where I come from, once word gets out that you've cooperated with the police that only makes you a bigger target of criminal violence. That is a dark reality in so many neighborhoods like mine across America. I'm not saying its right, but its reality. And it's not unfounded. There's a harsh reality around violence and criminal justice in our inner cities," Cam'ron said via statement.

"But my experience in no way justifies what I said. Looking back now, I can see how those comments could be viewed as offensive, especially to those who have suffered their own personal tragedies or to those who put their lives on the line to protect our citizens from crime. Please understand that I was expressing my own personal frustration at my own personal circumstances. I in no way was intending to be malicious or harmful. I apologize deeply for this error in judgment."
So...he's basically apologizing for being himself, right? Because thats how it sounds to me.

Read the original article on The Quotable here.

8 comments:

The Company Man said...

Damage control...damage control.

Anonymous said...

yeah, but unfortunately, our children never hear this part...

ENID P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Company Man said...

Ha! I know right...I saw Cam on 60 Minutes - and he doesn't talk like that!

ENID P. said...

He wrote those two lines...
"Where I come from, once word gets out that you've cooperated with the police that only makes you a bigger target of criminal violence."
"I'm not saying its right, but its reality."

Who wrote the rest?

ENID P.

Anonymous said...

The grammer of the statement is too correct for him to have written it alone.

Anonymous said...

ice t weighs in: http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/11521

The Company Man said...

Ice-T spoke the truth. He's right, Cam bought hood rules and presented them on TV as Hip Hop rules. Him and Jim Jones are beefing now anyhow. Tru-Life was prophetic - The Dips is Over, The Dips is Over.