I can't drop dimes cause I can't relate...

I showed a friend of mine the pic (below) and she said the embrace looks "brotherly." Brotherly? Brotherly? Nah. Down-low-brotherly maybe...but certainly not "brotherly." Brotherly is givin your boy pound while half-huggin him. Givin your boy pound and then kissing him on the mouth is straight Gangstalicious.

Baby said in a recent radio interview that "thats what [he] do for his child..." and thats real talk. I can't relate. But real talk nonetheless. And who am I to call it gay just because they have a relationship that I've never had with any man I've ever met in my life? So I'm not gonna call it gay...

But its definitely nauseating.

Carry on...

6 comments:

ENID P. said...

Well, at least you can respect that this is what they do to express their love...
Freedom of expression is a beautiful thing...

God Bless America...

ENID P.

The Company Man said...

"...and no place else."

Anonymous said...

ah justin. thought your forum was about hip hop, not "gay" hatin/"gay" rumors!

Anonymous said...

I love the expression on TQ's face he is like "Nigga What the F*ck?"

Sean P~

The Company Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Company Man said...

You're absolutely right, this site is about Hip Hop. Which is why I chose not to comment back when this was only circulating in the 'rumor mill.'

The picture alone is one thing, But Baby's confirmation makes this more than a rumor. Now add that to the fact that Lil' Wayne is one of today's premiere MC's, garnering respect from all corners of the rap universe (and might I add one of the handful of young artists worth checkin for) and this incident is instantly noteworthy.

Plus, the duo just dropped an album together entitled 'Bird Man & Lil Wayne: Like Father Like Son' (I haven't heard it yet, but the reviews are decent) and who knows what effect (if any) this will have on sales. Weezy went platinum last time up - will this have an effect on his numbers this time around? What about his credibility? Wayne spits that raw 'Hustla Musik' - how will his core audience respond to a Hustla who kisses another man on the mouth? All things considered, this could be a pivotal moment in the career of one of rap's brightest young talents...and thats definitely NEWSworthy.

So there are number of reasons why the smooch is relevant. Lil' Wayne's image and high profile combined with todays homophobic Hip Hop landscape unfortunately makes this NEWS (and nauseating). And thats what we discuss here at The Quotable - Hip Hop "quotables, rants, reviews, NEWS, blues...whatever."

I appreciate the comment...keeping me on my toes.