YELAWOLF TALKS DEALING WITH HATERS, THOUGHT PROCESS BEHIND "TRUNK MUZIK"


It’s difficult to find another genre of music as inherently competitive as Hip Hop. From deejay battles to B-Boy battles to Beatboxing Championships to graffiti, each element comes complete with it’s own sport-like display of skills. The same is consistent with emceeing, and as the genre continues to mature, that competitive spirit has further ingrained itself into quality songwriting. “When I made Trunk Muzik, I felt like I had to prove my worth being here as a rapper because I had never really went hard because ultimately I’m a songwriter,” Yelawolf told HipHopDX at the 4th Annual Roots Picnic in Philadelphia’s Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing.

“Being an emcee and wordplay is just a perk to practicing for so many years. But the point to me is to make a good song. I’m pretty strange as far as the music that I listen to. I could be listening to James Taylor. I could be listening to Crunchy Black or I could be listening to Nas. You’re more interested in the artist not his lyrical ability. That’s nerdy, you know. Who cares? I don’t care if a rapper can flip a 100,000 words. It’s impressive but it’s also boring at times. It’s like, ‘That’s cool, man. But your song sucks.’ It’s a balance, yo.”

READ FULL ARTICLE @HIPHOPDX.COM


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These include the almost splatters that individuals must not be tolerating,Inches Instant mentioned Along with government bodies a second time during the last Air Max 2011 year aware Exxon Mobil of varied security infractions across the range stated within a quick record e-mailed towards the Linked Media"If we are Discount Burberry a bunch of acrylic in some of the backwater locations, these are generally specifically in which these kinds of small fish backed,In "We're Ed Hardy not necessarily decreasing the particular setting of our own clean-up towards the fast site," Pruessing claimed in a announcement seminar down the pond Burberry cheap around Laurel, since deck hands mopped right up gas in the shadows PDT (5 various:30 some sort ofUtes"Traveler Erika Onal connected with Belmont, Nike Air Jordan Cheap Florida, was rescued using another fisherman since they experimented with swimming in order to shoreline with regard to assist, buoyed using a chillierIn nike air jordan shoes "When (Bill) required the choice to arrive at Nova scotia, something this individual really requested to do would have been to try Nike Air Max this

Christine said...

Wtf???