Local Coffee Shop A Symbol of Growth, Community


"I live on Eastern Parkway," said Soraya S. Meer. "I've been here for about 9 years. I love the community. I love the community spirit. [There is] just a wealth of talent and friendliness around here. On every corner there seems to be something amazing."

A mother of three "very American children," Meer and her husband moved from England to Brooklyn early last decade and started their family. As a stay at home mom, she was inspired by the grit and entrepreneurial spirit of local business owners and decided to begin her own venture: Coffee Bites, a recently-opened coffee shop on Washington Ave.

"I've been particularly inspired by [Chef Cheryl Smith] of Global [Soul]", says Meer. "I've seen [her] business grow from nothing to just an amazing, thriving business. I figure if [she] can put that much work in it and work that hard and make something then I would be able to give it a go."

Coffee Bites opened officially this past July. The location is small in size and the menu is big on decadence. It offers an array of Counter Culture coffees and raved about muffins, macaroons, cupcakes, teas and truffles.

"We're now moving on to paninis," she says. "We're slowly expanding our menu."

READ FULL ARTICLE @ WWW.PROSPECTHEIGHTS.PATCH.COM

No comments: